City farmers push up land prices

first_imgSo-called lifestyle buyers made up 28.8% of rural land purchases in the first half of the year, according to data from Knight Frank. This is a 50% rise on a year ago. The trend has pushed up prices by 27% in 12 monthsRocketing London house have given home owners more equity to buy land in the Countryside. Alex James, bassist from rock group Blur, for example, swapped his champagne Soho existence to become a Cotswolds farmer and presenter of Radio 4’s On Your Farm programme. Hector Sants, incoming chief executive of the Financial Services Authority, is among the many City workers who run a farm. His is near Oxford.last_img

Niche practice makes perfect: Lewis Ellis interview

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

ASCO establishes US-based subsidiary

first_imgGet instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270. Subscribelast_img

New Zealand: Ports of Auckland Completes Deepening Project

first_imgPorts of Aucklands two and a half year project to deepen the northern berth at the Fergusson Container Terminal has been completed.Part of the ports ongoing future proofing program, the deepening allows for the simultaneous servicing of two large ships at the terminal.The deepening of the northern berth ensures we can continue to accommodate our customers evolving requirements, which include a move to larger vessels, Ports of Auckland Chief Executive, Tony Gibson said.“The investment will ensure sufficient depth along the full length of the Fergusson terminal to reliably accommodate vessels as draughts deepen,” he said.The maximum vessel draught at chart datum (the lowest of low tides) at the northen berth has been increased from 11.7m to 13.0m. This is in addition to the maximum vessel draught at chart datum for the inner berth of 12.5m.The return of the Maersks Southern Star service to Auckland this month will see the port servicing the biggest ships currently calling in New Zealand.[mappress]Press Release, July 11, 2013last_img read more

Four out of 10 divorce petitions flawed

first_imgSolicitors are being urged to check divorce petitions after it emerged that 40% have to be returned to them for correction owing to errors.  The statistic was quoted on Tuesday at a briefing session on a new divorce hub for London and the south-east, which is expected to handle 40% of all divorce work in England and Wales. Only cases that require a hearing will be transferred to the parties’ preferred court.Work is being transferred from the 45 divorce courts in London and the south-east to the Bury St Edmunds hub on a phased basis. So far that transfer has been completed for 28 of the 45. By October all undefended divorce work, with the exception of urgent matters, will be processed through the new centre.Present at the briefing were HH Judge Lynn Roberts, circuit judge with responsibility for the centre and HH Judge Martin O’Dwyer, head of the financial remedies unit. The session was chaired by Margaret Heathcote, London region chair of family lawyers group Resolution.Solicitor Tony Roe (pictured), who broke the news that Bury St Edmunds would host the new hub, welcomed the fact that HMCTS has begun a dialogue with family solicitors. But he warned that the size of the task must not be underestimated.‘HMCTS hopes for economies of scale, not to mention a better service,’ he said. ‘Indeed, the service said that there was a a backlog of 600 petitions in Brighton and Guildford going back three months and it was decided to transfer the work of those courts to Bury St Edmunds now.’Transfer of work from London was planned for June but is now unlikely to happen before July.Roe added: ‘HMCTS has quoted an alarming 40% of petitions which have to be returned for correction to solicitors’ firms owing to errors in drafting or procedure, for example failure to enclose issue fees, lack of signature or missing/incorrect details. It will pay practitioners to check and have someone else double check all petitions they plan to file.’The session heard that new legal advisers, who will carry out some of the functions previously carried out by district judges, must not form a judgment on the facts relied on within petitions. Roe said solicitors were assured by HMCTS that they will not be turned away from any family court if they have an urgent petition or application.‘[HMCTS] says that the solicitor submitting the need for urgency will be trusted,’ he added. ‘Let’s hope this happens, especially where there is little or no counter service available.’Bury St Edmunds is one of about a dozen centres across England and Wales that will act as the single point of entry for all divorce and financial remedy applications. They are expected to be fully operational in all regions by December 2015.The Law Society is running a series of three seminars on the centralisation of divorce courts, in London on 18 June and later in Birmingham and Manchester.last_img read more

Call the Midwife series 9 episode 4 preview

first_img Credit: BBC / Neal Street Productions Credit: BBC / Neal Street Productions Credit: BBC / Neal Street Productions Credit: BBC / Neal Street Productions Call the Midwife‘s ninth series is well underway and the ratings juggernaut is proving to be as popular as ever.In episode 3 Lucille (Leonie Elliott) was seconded to St Cuthbert’s when a ward Sister was off sick. She had to supervise the pupil midwives and brush up on her hospital care, and she faced hostility from mother-to-be Connie (Hannah Onslow).Meanwhile Nurse Crane (Linda Bassett) went to the school to give the new pupils their inoculations and was concerned when she met two brothers who were new and had come from Sylhet in East Pakistan.Elsewhere the incubator fund stalled and Shelagh (Laura Main) enlisted Violet (Annabelle Apsion), Trixie (Helen George), Sister Frances (Ella Bruccoleri) and Valerie (Jennifer Kirby) to put on a charity fashion show for the community.The synopsis for episode 4 is:Sister Julienne (Jenny Agutter) volunteers to put up a group of trainee doctors at Nonnatus House while they undertake the practical aspect of their obstetrics diploma.Dr Turner (Stephen McGann) and Sister Julienne hope the exercise will remind the council how vital Nonnatus House is to the community, and help remove the threat of demolition.The young doctors – Benedict (Sam Woolf), Kevin (Lee Armstrong), Nigel (Callum Sharp) and Will (Micky Dartford) – are to stay in Lucille and Nurse Crane’s room while all the midwives cram in with Trixie and Valerie. There’s a lot of excitement about their arrival and the doctors don’t disappoint.On his CDC rounds, Fred (Cliff Parisi) comes across a street marked for demolition, with one house clearly showing signs of life…Call the Midwife continues at 8pm Sunday on BBC One. Preview it with our gallery below: Credit: BBC / Neal Street Productions Credit: BBC / Neal Street Productionslast_img read more

F2 Logistics easily topples Sta. Lucia in Grand Prix

first_img[av_textblock size=’18’ font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” admin_preview_bg=”]MANILA – F2 Logistics Cargo Movers cruised to a 25-16, 25-23, 25-23 sweep of Sta. Lucia Lady Realtors in the Chooks To Go-Philippine Superliga Grand Prix at the San Juan Arena.American Kennedy Bryan led the way with 13 points while Venezuelan Maria Jose Perez added 12 markers for Cargo Movers to stay undefeated in two matches.After a first-set win Tuesday night, the gutsy Lady Realtors threatened Cargo Movers in the second to snag a 22-21 lead but 4 straight points from Bryan and Perez allowed F2 Logistics to dominate the set.Lady Realtors was close to forcing a fourth set with a 22-18 advantage but its multiple errors allowed Cargo Movers to tie the count. Bryan made a hit for Cargo Movers to surge before clinching the win with a block shot.“Siguro maganda lang talaga ang inilaro ng team namin,” said Cargo Movers head coach Ramil de Jesus. “Mahirap din kalaban ang Sta. Lucia dahil marami rin silang malalakas na players. Nakakuha lang kami ng breaks sa dulo.”Import Bohdana Anisova top-scored with 14 points while Pamela Lastimosa chipped in with 9 for Lady Realtors, which suffered its third defeat.In the other match, Cocolife Asset Managers had its second straight win when it took down Victoria Sports-University of Santo Tomas Golden Tigresses 25-19, 16-25, 25-17, 25-20.American Taylor Milton finished with 21 points while fellow import Shar Manu-Olevao had 20 markers for Asset Managers, which improved to a 2-2 win-loss slate./PN[/av_textblock][/av_one_full] Aby Maraño (center) of F2 Logistics shows her might against the Sta. Lucia defense. MARLO CUETO FOR SPIN.PH [av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=”][av_heading heading=’F2 Logistics easily topples Sta. Lucia in Grand Prix ‘ tag=’h3′ style=’blockquote modern-quote’ size=’30’ subheading_active=’subheading_below’ subheading_size=’15’ padding=’10’ color=” custom_font=” av-medium-font-size-title=” av-small-font-size-title=” av-mini-font-size-title=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” admin_preview_bg=”]BY ADRIAN STEWART CO[/av_heading][av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” admin_preview_bg=”]Thursday, November 9, 2017[/av_textblock][av_image src=’http://www.panaynews.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/sports-F2-over-lucia.jpg’ attachment=’123509′ attachment_size=’full’ align=’center’ styling=” hover=” link=” target=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ animation=’no-animation’ admin_preview_bg=”][/av_image]last_img read more

Island forms special events committee

first_img Share RelatedCouncil freezes event fundingBy KEVIN RICH Special to the PRESS The South Padre Island City Council voted to freeze funds for special events pending a workshop of the newly established “special events committee” can be held to review the City’s funding process and the results that funding generates. That discussion, along with a discussion…February 15, 2019In “News”Newly formed events committee looks to dissolveBy KEVIN RICH Special to the PRESS Members of the newly-formed Special Events Committee on South Padre Island have asked City leaders to consider dissolving the committee for the sake of efficiency and expediency in addressing funding requests from event organizers. The discussion came during a meeting of the Convention and…March 8, 2019In “News”Special events committee makes funding recommendationsBy KEVIN RICH Special to the PRESS During a meeting held on Wednesday, March 6, the South Padre Island Special Events Committee considered  making a recommendation to City Council to allow the Committee to dissolve and reform into a subcommittee under the Convention and Visitors Advisory (CVA) Board. “In the event…March 15, 2019In “News” By KEVIN RICHSpecial to the PRESSFormation of a new special events committee, discussions on Convention Centre expansion, and resolution of problems with utility easement maintenance were topics of discussion at the Wednesday, Dec. 19 South Padre Island City Council meeting.First up, the Council discussed establishing a committee to explore special events and promote Island tourism in order to aid the SPI Convention and Visitors Advisory Board (CVA). Dubbed the Special Events Committee, the proposal would call for a seven-member group, explained Council member Joe Ricco.“That board needs some help,” said Ricco. “I think we need to get some stakeholders on there and some more people in the industry on there, and I’d like to bring back the old dynamic with the seven member board,” he said.City Manager Susan Guthrie clarified that the current Special Events Committee is a five member subcommittee of the Convention and Visitors Advisory Board.Want the whole story? Pick up a copy of the Port Isabel-South Padre Press, or subscribe to our E-Edition by clicking here.last_img read more

TransJakarta Luncurkan Smart Toilet Perdana di Halte Monas dan Balai Kota

first_imgBagian dalam Smart Toilet di halte TransJakarta (Transjakarta.co.id) Hadirnya toilet yang layak dan bersih tentu menjadi kebutuhan esensial di pra sarana transportasi, khususnya di halte bus di Jakarta yang selama ini terlanjur identik dengan kesan kotor dan kumuh. Dan untuk pertama kali dalam sejarah, pada Senin 9 Oktober lalu, Gubernur DKI Jakarta Djarot Saiful Hidayat meresmikan beroperasinya Smart Toilet di dua halte TransJakarta.“Smart Toilet ini sudah ada di halte TransJakarta Monas dan Balai Kota,” ujar Humas TransJakarta, Wibowo yang dihubungi KabarPenumpang.com (11/10/2017).Baca juga: TransJakarta Perkenalkan 3 Varian Bus Baru, Lebih Bersahabat Bagi Penyandang Disabilitas dan Lansia Smart Toilet ini merupakan toilet umum yang lebih higienis dibanding toilet umum lainnya dan bisa meningkatkan taraf hidup masyarakat. Nantinya Smart Toilet ini bukan hanya ada di dua halte melainkan di 33 halte TransJakarta lainnya. “Toilet ini selain di halte TransJakarta juga akan ada di pasar, taman kota dan ruang terbuka lainnya,” ujar Djarot.SIstem tapping untuk membayar dan membuka pintu (Transjakarta.co.id)Disebut Smart Toilet lantaran fasilitas buang hajat ini dilengkapi dengan teknologi tinggi guna meningkatkan kualitas dan efisiensi. Smart Toilet memiliki tangki air dan septic tank yang mampu mengolah air limbah dari toilet sehingga efluennya aman untuk di buang ke pembuangan air.Untuk tiga bulan pertama, pengguna toilet ini tidak dikenakan biaya dan selanjutnya akan dikenakan Rp2 ribu untuk sekali menggunakan. Smart Toilet di halte TransJakarta ini menggunakan sistem tapping dalam pembayarannya.Selain sebagai alat pembayaran, kartu tapping (emoney) ini juga untuk membuka pintu toilet ini. Di dalam toilet ini dilengkapi dengan lampu dan exhaust fan untuk menghemat listrik.Sistem toilet ini juga bisa mengumpulkan data pemakaian toilet seperti jumlah pengguna, tren penggunaan dan durasi pemakaian. Dengan adanya sistem identifikasi tersebut, maka akan memudahkan fungsi pemeliharaan dan dukungan logistik lain. Penggunaan air di toilet ini juga sudah diatur dengan teknologi khusus, pasalnya air yang dikeluarkan per flush-nya hanya 2-4 liter dan menggunakan sistem keran. Uniknya, Smart Toilet ini diterapkan dengan konsep anti vandalisme, yakni sanitary ware–nya yang tidak mudah rusak.Baca juga: Polemik Biaya Ekstra di Top Up Kartu Uang Elektronik, Setujukah Anda?Seperti keran air, dispenser sabun, tempat tisu dan tempat sampah berada di dalam tembok yang tidak langsung tersentuh tangan, sehingga meminimalisir kerusakan yang disebabkan oleh interaksi pengguna dengan sanitary ware yang ada.Sistem pintu Smart Toilet (Transjakarta.co.id)Bagi penyandang disabilitas, toilet ini juga sangat ramah, sebab ada tempat atau ruang kosong untuk kursi roda. Toilet ini juga dilengkapi dengan hand rail serta tombol SOS yang disambungkan ke petugas kasir di halte TransJakarta.Untuk mempertahankan kebersihan Smart Toilet di halte Transjakarta, sarana ini didukung petugas cleaning service, serta dilengkapi dengan pewangi ruangan. Direktur Utama PT Transportasi Jakarta (TransJakarta) Budi Kaliwono memastikan bahwa PD PAL Jaya akan melakukan pengawasan secara berkala. “Pemeliharaan fungsi mekanis toilet dilakukan oleh tenaga professional,” ungkapnya.Anda mau menjajal Smart Toilet? Yuk melipir ke halte Monas atau Balai Kota, Smart Toilet siap melayani kebutuhan biologis Anda setiap hari, mulai dari pukul 07.00 sampai 18.00 WIB. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Like this:Like Loading… RelatedYuk Mampir di Halte Karet, TransJakarta Siapkan Mushola Untuk Calon Penumpang02/12/2017In “Bus dalam kota”Sulap Bus Reyot, Ecotact Hadirkan Bus Toilet Berfasilitas Lengkap!30/01/2018In “Darat”TransJakarta Explorer, Gratis Untuk Penumpang Stasiun Tanah Abang27/12/2017In “Bus dalam kota”last_img read more

Tuesday Baseball Versus North Georgia Changed to 5:00

first_img Photo by Ron Besser Share PENSACOLA, Fla. – The West Florida baseball team’s game versus North Georgia scheduled for Tuesday, March 2 has been moved up to 5:00 p.m. due to weather concerns.  For information on all UWF Athletics, visit www.GoArgos.com.Print Friendly Versioncenter_img Tuesday Baseball Versus North Georgia Changed to 5:00last_img