Addie Richie scored 188.05 to win second place and qualified for state. Photo by John McHale/ladailypost.com Kyle Hater scored 224.40 points to take second place in the diving completion. Hater has already qualified for the state meet. Photo by John McHale/ladailypost.com Anna Clark scored 190.15 to win first place for the girls and also qualified for state. The girls diving team took first place as there were no other teams represented. Photo by John McHale/ladailypost.com Branden Stidham scored 238.00 points in the diving portion of the Bill Hudson Memorial Invite to win first place for the boys Friday evening at the Larry R. Walkup Aquatic Center. The Boys team posted a first place finish as there were no other teams represented at the competition. Branden has already qualified for the state meet. Photo by John McHale/ladailypost.com Griffin Stidham scored 221.40 points to win third place. He has already qualified for the state meet. Photo by John McHale/ladailypost.com Jazmine Tuning scored 184.75 to win third palce in the competition. Photo by John McHale/ladailypost.com
Subscribe Get instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270.
Gothaer Leben Renewables GmbH has acquired an equity stake in the 110 MW Nordergründe offshore wind farm, wpd AG, the developer and the future operator of the wind farm said in a statement.Gothaer reportedly invested EUR 60 million in the project. “We are very pleased that we have been able to win Gothaer as a renowned and experienced equity investor for Nordergründe”, said Helge Rau, Head of M&A at wpd AG. Besides Gothaer, wpd plans to attract further investors for the project.The Bremen-based wind power developer had already arranged debt funding for the EUR 410 million project with European Investment Bank (EIB) and KfW IPEX Bank back in June 2015.Groundbreaking for the Nordergründe is set for spring 2016, with the commissioning being scheduled for the end of this year.A total of 18 Senvion turbines type 6.2M126 will be erected in the estuary of the river Weser. The wind farm will be connected to the grid via a single line connection by North Sea grid operator TenneT.Nordergründe is the second offshore wind project that wpd is realizing in the German North Sea, following the successful implementation and operation of the 288 MW Butendiek OWF in September 2015.
Subscribe to Building today and you will benefit from:Unlimited access to all stories including expert analysis and comment from industry leadersOur league tables, cost models and economics dataOur online archive of over 10,000 articlesBuilding magazine digital editionsBuilding magazine print editionsPrinted/digital supplementsSubscribe now for unlimited access.View our subscription options and join our community Subscribe now for unlimited access Stay at the forefront of thought leadership with news and analysis from award-winning journalists. Enjoy company features, CEO interviews, architectural reviews, technical project know-how and the latest innovations.Limited access to building.co.ukBreaking industry news as it happensBreaking, daily and weekly e-newsletters Get your free guest access SIGN UP TODAY To continue enjoying Building.co.uk, sign up for free guest accessExisting subscriber? LOGIN
Justin Lancaster, commercial director at ACS, said: “We will initially be offering private jet charters from the office, which plans to start cargo operations in the near future.”The new Swiss office is ACS’ 19th global office, with two more expected to open in the next nine months.www.aircharterservice.com
A three-month suspension on all housing possession proceedings includes appeals, the Court of Appeal has declared. The judgment, handed down this week, also highlights the vast number of vulnerable tenants fighting court proceedings alone.The government announced in March that all housing possession proceedings would be suspended until June 25 to protect private and social renters, and those with mortgages and licences covered by the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.In London Borough of Hackney v Kevin Okoro, the Court of Appeal was asked to consider whether the automatic suspension imposed by practice direction 51Z applied to appeals ‘that were extant’ at the time. Okoro argued that the suspension includes appeals. The council said appeals are excluded.The practice direction suspended all possession proceedings ‘brought under’ part 55 of the Civil Procedure Rules. The Court of Appeal bolded up the word ‘brought’ in its judgment because ‘it focuses on how the proceedings were initiated’.Chancellor of the High Court Sir Geoffrey Vos, who delivered the judgment, said: ‘As a matter of ordinary language, we think that proceedings brought under CPR Part 55 are still “brought under CPR Part 55”, even when they are under appeal. It is true that the procedure governing the appeal is contained in CPR Part 52, but the proceedings remain proceedings brought under CPR Part 55’.The judgment also revealed that 138,000 possession claims are brought every year in the county court. ‘Many defendants to possession claims are vulnerable and unrepresented, and only realise that action is required from them very late in the day,’ the appeal court said.Prior to the Covid-19 lockdown, vulnerable tenants who turned up to court for possession proceedings could see a duty solicitor who was able to provide emergency face-to-face advice and advocacy. However, some county courts such as Clerkenwell & Shoreditch, and Brentford, have said ‘there will almost certainly be no duty solicitor scheme’ in letters outlining their proposals to resume hearing possession cases next month.The government has yet to confirm whether it will extend the suspension. Housing secretary Robert Jenrick told MPs this month that the ‘decision point’ is in June and will ‘depend on the medical advice we’re receiving on the passage of the virus and the lockdown measures that may or may not be in place at that time’.
EUROPE: Meeting on June 16, European Union transport ministers reached agreement on the proposed recast of the First Railway Package to promote more competition in the rail transport market.European Commission Vice-President for Transport Siim Kallas welcomed the decision, which he said would ‘shut loopholes in the current laws that allow discrimination against newcomers and block operators from providing new and innovative services.’ Having received ‘a lot of complaints over the past 10 years’, the commission wants to ‘ensure that opportunities to compete exist not just in theory but in practice.’ The recast would introduce ‘more transparent’ access conditions, requiring improved or guaranteed access to rail-related services such as maintenance depots, freight terminals, passenger information and ticketing systems; establish explicit rules on conflicts of interest and discriminatory practices; and require infrastructure managers to provide more detailed Network Statements.The powers of national regulators would be strengthened to extend their competence to rail-related services, and in terms of sanctions, audit, appeals and powers of investigation. The recast will require that the regulators are independent from other public authorities, and oblige them to co-operate on cross-border issues.New rules on infrastructure financing are intended to develop a ‘harmonised financial architecture’ to encourage investment, including a requirement for member states to develop national long-term strategies and negotiate multi-annual arrangements with their infrastructure managers, linking funding to performance and business plans. ‘More precise and smarter infrastructure charging rules’ should make provision for variable charges related to noise, in order to ‘stimulate private investment in greener and interoperable technologies’.Having been agreed by the Council of Ministers, the recast proposals must now go to the European Parliament for ratification. With a vote expected in early autumn, the Commission says the ‘the final text could be adopted in the first half of 2012’. Meanwhile, Kallas is preparing to bring forward a ‘far-reaching package of measures’ at the end of 2012 which would further open up the European rail market.
VOSSLOH: On April 24 Vossloh Group announced that it had secured its medium-term financing with the successful closing of a syndicated loan of over €500m.The facility has been provided by a banking syndicate with 11 participants. The mandated lead arrangers and book runner are Bayerische Landesbank, Commerzbank, Landesbank Baden-Württemberg and SEB.‘The refinancing marks a significant milestone for the transformation of the group into a worldwide leading rail infrastructure company’, said Chief Financial Officer Oliver Schuster. ‘We have reached both medium-term financing security as well a maximum of flexibility. At the same time, we have improved our interest terms. The trust of our banking partners underlines that we are on the right path with our new strategy.’ The structured facility has a term of three years starting April 23, and includes €200m available in the form of a term loan and €300m as a revolving credit line. It will replace a bridging loan of €250m which had been borrowed in June 2014 to repay a US private placement and is timed to end in June 2015. Vossloh AG’s current bilateral credit facilities will also be refinanced.
Childrens mental health awareness Broward County will join more than 1,200 communities across the country in May to celebrate National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day, an annual event organized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) to raise awareness about the importance of mental health beginning at birth. One Community Partnership 2 (OCP2), a grant program awarded to the Broward County Board of County Commissioners by SAMHSA, along with its many community partners, including Broward Behavioral Health Coalition, United Way of Broward County Commission on Substance Abuse, will host a variety of events and launch a stigma reduction campaign focusing on the importance of integrating behavioral health and physical health by caring for the body and mind as one. A series of events are planned throughout May:May 2nd: Proclamation Ceremony- Children’s Mental Health Awareness Month Broward County Governmental Center 115 S. Andrews Avenue – Room 420, Fort Lauderdale 10AMVice Mayor Beam Furr will proclaim May as Children’s Mental Health Awareness Month in Broward County.May 13th: 2nd Annual Wellness Day Central Broward Regional Park 3700 NW 11th Place, Lauderhill 10AM-3PMThe event will include a “Wellness Champions Award” recognition ceremony acknowledging young people, families, and community members who make a difference through their work and personal stories of strength.May 16th: Cross Systems Training- for Child Care Professionals and Families Tree Tops Park3900 SW 100th Avenue, Davie 9AM-4PMA training designed to teach new front line staff working with children, youth and families how to access and navigate various child-serving and transitional youth programs. There will be presentations from various child serving organizations as well as information and resource tables. May 22nd & Broward Behavioral Health ConferenceMay 23rd: Signature Grand6900 FL-84, Davie Registration Fee: $100, includes free parking, breakfast and lunch 8AM-4:45PMOCP2 will present workshops on transition-age youth at the 2017 Broward Behavioral Health Conference sponsored by the United Way of Broward County Commission on Substance Abuse, Broward Behavioral Health Coalition and other partners.
Constable Anna Clark based at Castle Douglas said “This theft has taken place over a very short time period. Anyone who saw anything unusual in Queens Court should contact Police Scotland on the 101 number. I would also like to remind motorists not to leave their cars unattended with the engine running. If your car was stolen while the keys are left in it and the engine is running you could be refused a payout by your insurance company”. Copyright DGWGO AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInBetween 8 am and 8:10 am, on Tuesday 20th March 2018, a dash cam, sat nav and a blue leather handbag were stolen from a car in Queens Court, Castle Douglas.The driver had started her car and left it running while she popped back in her house to allow the windows to defrost. During this time someone has entered the car and stolen the items.